Knox Environment Society
KES Spring Festival!
Our Spring Festival is back and bigger than ever! This year our theme is Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, with lots of great ideas for reducing your impact on our planet. All of our stallholders are local community groups or artists. Check out the list below for our amazing local stallholders.
- Knox Community Gardens Society Inc
- NEW! - Healthy Rivers Healthy Bay
- NEW! - Boobook Wildlife Shelter
- NEW! - Plastic Bag Free Dandenong Ranges
- Local Environment Groups
- Knox Climate Action Now
- Low-Impact Living Knox
- Treefern Potters
- Knox Toy Library
- Fly By Night Bat Clinic - Saturday Only
- Warriors 4 Wildlife - Sunday Only
For more information and to share with your friends, please visit our Facebook Page.
For more great events, please visit our Calendar.
Knox Environment Society Objectives
- To actively promote sustainability within Knox and the wider community;
- To engage in projects and activities that monitor, protect and enhance the environment;
- To work with stakeholders including government, the community and business to advance environmental and sustainability policies, programs and practices.
Our motto: "Principle before profit."
KES Indigenous Nursery
In 1985, the Knox Environment Society established what is believed to be one of the first indigenous nursery in Australia. The Indigenous Nursery is completely volunteer run and most of the money the Society earned through plant sales goes back into the community for environmental campaigns and projects, both locally and globally, such as the Sword-grass Brown Butterfly project, local wildlife carers, lobbying for better public transport and donations to other groups striving for similar objectives.
To find out more about what our Nursery volunteers do, please please see our Volunteering at the KES Nursery page.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please see our Membership page.
If you would like to visit us or buy plants, please see our Location and Open Hours.
Cover Photo by Melissa Allen: Burchardia umbellata - Milkmaids